[31.] MINISTRY OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT, RURAL DEVELOPMENT AND CO-OPERATIVES
[A. Local Government Division
1. Local Government: Matters relating to the Local Government including the Local Government Institutions.
2. Financing, regulation and inspection of authorities established for Local Government and Village Administration.
3. Administration of Local Government Engineering Department (LGED). Department of Public Health Engineering (DPHE), Water Supply and Sewerage Authorities (WASA) and National Institute of Local Government (NILG);
Monitoring and supervision of all programmes carried out by the above organisations.
4. Administration of B.C.S. (Public Health Engineering).
5. Matters relating to Drinking Water.
6. Development of Rural Water supply, Sanitation and Sewerage System.
[7. (a) Development, maintenance and management of Upazila Roads, Union Roads and Village Roads including bridges and culverts as allocated by the Government from time to time.
(b) Development, maintenance and management of Growth Centers and other markets connected by Upazila, Union and Village Roads.
(c) Development, maintenance and management of Small Scale Water Resources schemes up to the limit as determined by the Government.]
8. Rural police.
9. Burial and burial grounds, cremation and cremation grounds.
10. Pound and prevention of cattle trespass.
11. Dak Banglows and Rest Houses of Local Bodies.
12. Public parks and arboriculture which are under Local Government Institution.
13. Secretariat administration including financial matters.
14. Administration and control of sub-ordinate offices and organisations under this Division.
15. Liaison with International Organisations and matters relating to Treaties and Agreements with countries and world bodies relating to subjects allotted to this Division.
16. All laws on subjects allotted to this Division.
17. Inquiries and statistics on any of the subjects allotted to this Division.
18. Fees in respect of any of the subjects allotted to this Division except fees taken in courts.]
 Amended Vide S.R.O. No. 221-law/2008-CD-4/5/2008, Dated 24.07.08.
 Amended Vide S.R.O. No. 141-Law/CD-4/2/2001⎯Rules Dated : 28th May, 2003.
 Amended Vide S.R.O. No. 125-Law/CD-4/2/2001⎯Rules (2nd part) Dated : 30th May, 2005.